Food waste caddy
Find out what can and cannot go in your food waste caddy.
Check your bin collection day
Check your bin day online
Collections will take place between 5.45am - 10.00pm (9.00pm Friday). If your bin was not collected please report a missed bin collection.
What goes in my food waste caddy?
DO put in your food waste caddy
- All cooked and uncooked food including bones and carcasses, dairy, fruit, vegetables and peelings, bread, rice and pasta, fish including bones and shells, teabags and coffee grounds, eggs and eggshells, cakes and biscuits, leftovers and pet food.
DO NOT put in your food waste caddy
- Metal, plastic or glass packaging
- Liquids and oils (oil banks at Recycling Centres)
- Polystyrene (non-recycling bin)
- Compstable food containers (non-recycling bin)
Your food waste caddy will be collected every week as per your bin collection calendar. Bins should be placed out the night before collection day, however in some town centre areas bins may require to be placed out on the day of collection.
Missing food waste caddy?
If you live in a food waste collection area you should have both an indoor kitchen caddy and an outdoor caddy. If either is missing call 0300 123 0900 or complete the online form to order a free replacement.
If you are unsure whether a certain item can be recycled,contact the recycling helpline on 0300 123 0900.