Report someone you think is committing corporate fraud.
We operate a zero tolerance approach to fraud and we need your help to recognise, report, and root out fraud to help to protect public funds and invest that money back into our communities.
Types of fraud or corrupt activity may include:
- Council tax fraud - giving false information to get discounts or exemptions, not reporting a change in circumstances
- Business rate fraud - giving false information to get relief, or falsely declaring a property to be empty
- Employee fraud - theft, embezzlement, bribery
- Tenancy fraud - giving false information to get housing, unlawful sub-letting, abandonment
- Procurement and Contract fraud - influencing the tender process, false/duplicate invoicing
- Blue badge fraud - fraudulent obtaining or misuse
- Insurance fraud - claiming for a non-existent incident or by inflating the cost of damages
Corporate Fraud Team
Our Corporate Fraud Team is a specialist investigative unit whose role includes prevention and detection of fraud within and against the council, investigation of suspected fraudulent and corrupt activity and progressing any enforcement or other action considered necessary. This may include disciplinary action (fraud perpetrated by an employee), civil court action or criminal prosecution.
If you think fraud is being committed against South Ayrshire Council and wish to report it, contact the Corporate Fraud Team in confidence using the following methods:
Telephone: 0808 100 3484 (Answering machine available)
Housing benefit fraud
Please note that Housing Benefit Fraud is no longer investigated by South Ayrshire Council. If you wish to report Benefit Fraud please visit the GOV.UK or phone the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440.