Toggle menu

Animal welfare

What is the Environmental Health Divisions involvement in relation to Animal Welfare?

Environmental Health Division licence pet shops, animal boarding establishments i.e. dog kennels and catteries, dog breeding and rearing premises, zoos and riding establishments.

How do you apply for an Animal Welfare licence?

If you are operating one of the businesses that require a licence you can apply online or download an application form and send it to us with the appropriate fee.

How can I complain about the conditions in licensed premises?

Please contact Environmental Health on 0300 123 0900 or email and an officer will investigate.