Toggle menu

Housing transfers

Existing South Ayrshire Council tenants can apply for a transfer to another Council house at any time.

Those applicants who have rent arrears or are in breach of their tenancy agreement will not be made an offer of housing unless they have come to a repayment or other arrangement, which is satisfactory to the Head of Regeneration and Housing.

Applicants who have been responsible for anti-social behaviour, or have been the subject of an unsatisfactory tenancy report from any landlord, may not be eligible to receive any offers of housing.

How to apply for a transfer

Tenants wishing to apply for a transfer to another council tenancy can do so by completing the Council's general Application for Housing.

Copies of this application form can be obtained by contacting your local Area Housing Office in writing, by phone, email, or by dropping in to the office.

How transfer applications are prioritised

Allocations staff will carefully check the form, ensuring the applicant is eligible to join the transfer list. Points are then awarded according to each aspect of housing need eg overcrowding, sharing amenities.