Council Tax Recovery
Your Council Tax pays for essential services that are delivered to all residents in South Ayrshire, so it is really important that if your circumstances have not changed that you continue to pay what you should; maintain your direct debit payments or payment plan, as detailed on your bill.
If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax, we want to make you aware of the support available and how we can help if you have been affected -
- Please make sure that you have claimed all the financial assistance that you are entitled to. You should visit the DWP Website for information on what income benefits you can claim. If you are unsure what to claim you should call the Information and Advice Hub on 0300 123 0900 and ask for the Information and Advice Hub.
- If you are making a claim for DWP benefits due to your financial circumstances, you will still have to make a separate claim for Council Tax Reduction to the Council.
- Where you are unable to make a payment, or can only make a partial payment, we will defer any recovery action for 3 months. At the end of June 2020 we will review the position, you do not need to contact us until you receive a recovery notice. At this time we will also consider a special payment plan so that the Council Tax due for 2020/21 is split over an appropriate period if required.
- We can also look at any arrears you have so that we consider everything you owe to us and avoid any extra costs or charges.
- If you have been invoiced by the Council for other services e.g. Meals at Home, Community Alarms or Waste Management, we will also defer recovery action for 3 months
I can't pay my Council Tax
If you are unable to pay your Council Tax it is important that you keep in touch with us and let us know if you are going to miss a payment or not pay the full amount. If you have any questions you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are experiencing higher than normal enquires so it may take us longer than normal to reply. Alternatively you can call 0300 123 0900 to speak to a Customer Services Advisor.