Toggle menu

Council Tax Recovery

Your Council Tax pays for essential services that are delivered to all residents in South Ayrshire, so it is really important that if your circumstances have not changed that you continue to pay what you should;  maintain your direct debit payments or payment plan, as detailed on your bill.

If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax, we want to make you aware of the support available and how we can help if you have been affected -

  1. Please make sure that you have claimed all the financial assistance that you are entitled to. You should visit the DWP Website for information on what income benefits you can claim.  If you are unsure what to claim you should call the Information and Advice Hub on 0300 123 0900 and ask for the Information and Advice Hub.
  2. If you are making a claim for DWP benefits due to your financial circumstances, you will still have to make a separate claim for Council Tax Reduction to the Council.

I can't pay my Council Tax

If you are unable to pay your Council Tax it is important that you keep in touch with  us and let us know if you are going to miss a payment or not pay the full amount. If you have any questions you can email us at  We are experiencing higher than normal enquires so it may take us longer than normal to reply.  Alternatively you can call 0300 123 0900 to speak to a Customer Services Advisor.