Council Tax, benefits, Scottish Welfare Fund & welfare advice
Self-isolation support grant
You can apply for a Self-Isolation Support Grant at any point up to 28 days from the time you were asked to self-isolate. As from 1 May 2022 you will not be eligible if you have received 3 awards within a 12 month period. You must have received a positive PCR test result. From 1 May 2022 the value of the grant if £225. The period that people are asked to stay at home is 5 days for an adult or 3 days for a child. Parents caring for a child under 16 or those caring for someone over 16 with a positive PCR test result are eligible for the grant. You must ensure all the required evidence is uploaded with your application.
Check here https://www.mygov.scot/self-isolation-grant to find out if you are eligible from 1 May 2022 for a Self-Isolation Support Grant.
Required evidence includes:
- recent bank statement or screenshots (within one month) confirming your name and address, sort code and account number and showing payments of earnings and any qualifying benefits. This is the account you want us to pay to if your application is successful
- Screenshots from your Universal Credit journal to show the most recent award, payment date, payment amount and the assessment period the payment covers. Please also provide the screenshot of the page where it shows the breakdown of any earnings used in the UC calculation
- Payslips which show both your gross and net earnings for the month before your period of isolation began.
- If you are self-employed, your latest completed yearly tax Self-Assessment return and evidence of your trading income for the month before your period of isolation began.
- Evidence of any other regular income that you receive
- Details of your positive PCR test result which requires you to self-isolate
Please read the following, confirm your eligibility and upload the required evidence which will be used in support of your application. If you do not upload the required evidence you will be unable to proceed with the application. You will have to re-apply when you are able to upload all the required evidence. Click here to register your application for a Self-Isolation Support Grant SISG Eligibility Form - My South Ayrshire (south-ayrshire.gov.uk)