To make a payment to your rent account, please call the Council's Telephone Payment Service which is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Simply call 0300 123 0900 and remember to have your 13 digit payment reference (which can be found on your rent payment card) when you call.
Alternatively you can make a payment online at www.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/pay
Emergency & Standby Services
To report an emergency repair at any time, please contact 0300 123 0900.
If you smell gas or detect a gas leak call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999.
Help and Advice if you are having Difficulty Paying Your Rent
If you are experiencing difficulties paying your rent, please contact your Housing Officer on 0300 123 0900 (select option 2, option 1, ask for housing, then option 2)who will be able to discuss your rent account and offer you advice.
Ways to Pay Your Rent
If you can, you should continue to pay your rent as normal. You can do this in a number of ways:
- Direct Debit: You can pay your rent monthly by Direct Debit. For more information, please speak to one of our Housing Officers on 0300 123 0900 (select option 2, option 1, ask for housing, then option 2)
- Standing Order: You can pay your rent by Standing Order. If you opt for this payment method, you will require the Council's Sort Code: 80-12-39, Account Number: 00255371 and your 13 digit rent payment reference. This can be found at the top of any letters we have recently sent you about your rent account.
- By Telephone Payment Service: You can make a telephone payment by debit or credit card, calling our automated payment service on 0300 123 0900 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To pay by this method you will require your 13 digit rent payment reference. Please note, payment should be made by 5pm to reach your account by the following working day.
- Internet: Online at www.south-ayrshire.gov.uk.To pay by this method you will require your 13 digit rent payment reference.
- Online/Telephone Banking: To arrange this with your bank you will require the Council's Sort Code: 80-12-39, Account Number: 00255371 and your 13 digit rent payment reference.This can be found at the top of any letters we have recently sent you about your rent account.
- At a Post Office/Outlet Displaying Girobank or Paypoint Facility: You can pay by cash, credit or debit card and will require your rent payment card to use this method of payment. Please note payment can take up to 5 days to reach your account.
If you require help to get to your 13 digit reference number, please contact us on 0300 123 0900 (select option 2, option 1, ask for housing, then option 2).
Matters Relating to Your Tenancy
During this time, there may be matters that arise relating to your tenancy or you may need to speak to us about terminating your tenancy. Please contact your Housing Officer on 0300 123 0900 (select option 2, option 1, ask for housing, then option 2).
Services to Tenants in our Sheltered Housing Complexes
The Communal Areas within our Sheltered Housing Complexes have reopened, with restrictions in place. If you wish to visit or use the communal areas, please contact the Housing Support staff in the complex.
Housing Support Staff are on-site during normal working hours to carry out daily well-being checks. Staff will continue to contact tenants in sheltered housing using the Tunstall Call System and will respond to any emergency situations that may arise.
Tenants within our complexes should contact the Housing Support Staff using the Call System within their home.
Services to People who are Homeless
Our Housing Options Service at 80/88 Kyle Street, Ayr remains closed.
If you are homeless and require help from the Council, please contact staff in our Housing Options Team on 0300 123 0900
For households in temporary accommodation, our Accommodation Team can be contacted on 0300 123 0900.
Homelessness Standby Service
If you are made homeless outwith normal office hours, please contact our Homelessness Standby Service on 0808 100 3151.