Taxi and private hire
Forms and guidance
- Taxi or Private Hire car driver licence
- Taxi and Private hire car vehicle licence
- Taxi booking office licence
- Vehicle substitution
- Taxi and private hire vehicle inspection
- Taxi door stickers
- Replacement taxi or private hire car badge
- Taxi fares
Wheelchair accessible Taxis designated for the purposes of section 165 of the Equality Act 2010
List correct as at 27th July 2017.
Further information is available from www.gov.uk.
If you have a complaint about a South Ayrshire Council licensed taxi or private hire vehicle or driver, please write to the Licensing Monitoring Officer at the contact details listed.
It would be helpful if you could include the following details in your complaint:
- date and time of incident
- short description of driver
- make and model of car & any advertising on it (if known)
- vehicle registration number (if known)
- badge number (if known), and
- plate number (if known).
We will then investigate your complaint and try to resolve it for you. Please do not telephone our office to make a complaint as we can only follow up complaints received in writing or by email.
When we receive your written complaint we will:
- acknowledge it within 5 working days
- interview the driver concerned
- obtain statements (as appropriate)
- take appropriate action
- let you know the action taken, and
- tell you what further action you can take if you are unhappy with the outcome.
Licensing Monitoring Officer
Telephone: 01292 617682