Toggle menu

Taxi and private hire

Forms and guidance

Wheelchair accessible Taxis designated for the purposes of section 165 of the Equality Act 2010

List correct as at 27th July 2017.

Further information is available from


If you have a complaint about a South Ayrshire Council licensed taxi or private hire vehicle or driver, please write to the Licensing Monitoring Officer at the contact details listed.

It would be helpful if you could include the following details in your complaint:

  • date and time of incident
  • location
  • short description of driver
  • make and model of car & any advertising on it (if known)
  • vehicle registration number (if known)
  • badge number (if known), and
  • plate number (if known).

We will then investigate your complaint and try to resolve it for you. Please do not telephone our office to make a complaint as we can only follow up complaints received in writing or by email.

When we receive your written complaint we will:

  • acknowledge it within 5 working days
  • interview the driver concerned
  • obtain statements (as appropriate)
  • take appropriate action
  • let you know the action taken, and
  • tell you what further action you can take if you are unhappy with the outcome.

Contact details

Licensing Monitoring Officer
County Buildings
Wellington Square
Telephone: 01292 617682