What is a short break/respite care? - Short breaks/respite care for adults with learning disabilities encompasses:
- Planned short breaks away from home that involve social and leisure activities based on your needs which will be identified in your personal plan.
- An environment where you can continue to develop your skills and abilities
If you think you or the person you are caring for would like to consider using the service please phone 0300 123 0900 and discuss the possibility for an assessment and use of the short break services.
Where can I find out about respite services?
- The local authority respite service is provided at a bungalow situated in Chalmers Rd, Ayr which provides respite for 4 individuals who require a high degree of staff support.
- Admission paperwork
- Brochure (PDF) [685KB]
- Duty of Candour 2022-2023 (PDF) [284KB]
- Care Inspections -Reports and Gradings
Who can give me help and advise on my situation?
A social worker or Occupational Therapist can discuss your situation and assess your needs. They can work with you and your carers to find ways of reducing your difficulties and meeting your needs.
Learning Disability Team
South Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership
Tel: 0300 123 0900