Purple lidded bin (glass bottles and jars)
Find out what can and cannot go in your purple-lidded bin.
Your purple lidded bin will be collected every six weeks as per your bin collection calendar. Bins should be placed out the night before collection day, however in some town centre areas bins may require to be placed out on the day of collection.
We will only service a maximum of 2 recycling bins per household per collection.
Check your bin collection day
Check your bin day online
Or download the app from Apple store or Play store. View the video for more details of the app.
Collections will take place between 5.45am - 2.00pm (Mon-Thur), 5.45am - 1.30pm (Fri). If your bin was not collected please report a missed bin collection.
What goes in my purple lidded bin?
DO put in your purple lidded bin
- Glass bottles and glass jars from food and drink packaging (including labels)
- Broken glass bottles and glass jars
DO NOT put in your purple lidded bin (alternative option)
- Bottle tops/jar lids (plastic, metals and cartons bin)
- Ceramics - plates, plant pots, etc. (recycling centre as rubble)
- Corks (non-recycling bin)
- Drinking glasses (recycling centre as rubble)
- Light bulbs (retailers or recycling centre)
- Panes of glass from windows/greenhouses (recycling centre as rubble)
- Pyrex dishes (recycling centre as rubble)
You can now be fined up to £1,000 for deliberately contaminating your recycling containers.
If you are unsure whether a certain item can be recycled,contact the recycling helpline on 0300 123 0900.