Closed on public holidays. Any changes to our opening hours for public holidays are published on our social media - please check our Libraries Twitter or Facebook page for full details.
Mobile Library Calendar
For Mobile Library stops, dates and times visit our Mobile Calendar.
We are delighted to announce that our mobile library is back visiting communities across South Ayrshire.
- you can contact the mobile library by emailing email@example.com, by calling 07971349523 or by requesting items using our online catalogue for the next visit
- we will take your requests for up to 10 titles, either by author or genre
- please bring your own bag to put your books in
- books can be returned in the drop box provided
Access this service
If you would like to arrange a regular visit from the mobile library or you know someone who would benefit from this service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0797349523 to discuss your needs.
Mobile Library Visits to Schools
Our COVID safe working measures
- pupils will be limited to 6 at any one time with 1 adult supervising
- adults will be required to wear face coverings
- hand sanitisation will be encouraged
- surfaces within the mobile will be sanitised in between locations
- school and library staff will remain vigilant on identifying potential symptoms and act accordingly
- school and library staff will note and respond to any changes to local and national guidance measures
Our Borrowing Procedures
- each pupil will have a library membership card
- each child will be able to borrow up to 3 books. This is negotiable between library and school on a case-by-case basis
- books will be issued on the library management system for the standard 4 week lending period
- no fines for overdue books but reminders will still be sent to the school
- school staff can and are encouraged to request ahead of time, specific books for their lessons
The mobile library can deliver Bookbug resources to more rural schools to help these reach the families. Please speak with mobile library staff if you require more information.