Ayr Golf Festival Winners Announced!
The winners of this year's Ayr Golf Festival have now been announced, following a week of tough competition.
Over 500 people took part in the prestigious competition, which was held at Belleisle and Seafield Golf Courses from Wednesday 7 until Sunday 11 June.
Nine competitions were held across the week, including the showcase Tam o' Shanter and Handyside Tournament where participants battled it out for a fantastic prize fund of £5,000. The exciting tournament also saw the Stableford Competition, the Open Mixed Foursomes, Ladies Tri-am, and the Ladies Open Greensomes.
This year's winners were:
- Tam o' Shanter Trophy: Craig Robertson of Turnberry Golf Club (294)
- Handyside Cup: Ricky Tait of Minto Golf Club (281)
- Robert Burns Trophy: Robin McGuire of Kirkhill Golf Club (303)
- David Gemmell Trophy: David Courtney of Turnberry (67)
- Stableford Competition: Jordan Kelly of Drongan (43)
- Open Mixed Foursomes: Stuart McNicholl of Tam O'Shanter and Isobel McNicholl of Ayr Seafield
- Ladies Tri-am: Kate McKinnon, Marion Andrews and Lynda Pearson of Ayr Seafield Ladies (55)
- Ladies Open Greensomes: Gail Brown and Sheila Pickles of the Ladies Golf Club Troon (61)
Councillor Brian Connolly, South Ayrshire Council's Portfolio Holder for Sport and Leisure, said: "Well done to everyone who took part in this year's Ayr Golf Week, it's been a great week of weather making the playing conditions perfect for the tournament.
"I'd like to congratulate this year's winners for their fantastic efforts over the week, there was definitely some fierce competition out on the course!"