Learn 2 Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of Learn 2 Swim/Dive/Gymnastics membership
The named child is the member of the above scheme.
The membership entitles the member to one lesson per week throughout the year.
South Ayrshire Council will provide a minimum of:
- Swimming - 45
- Diving - 45
- Gymnastics - 39
lessons in the calendar year. Any extra lessons over and above that in the calendar year will not be charged.
In addition - FREE SWIMMIMG
Learn 2 membership entitles the child, who is the member of swim / dive / gymnastics programme to free swimming in all South Ayrshire Council pools during general swimming times. A designated adult accompanying a child member under the age of 8 will be admitted to the general swimming times free of charge.
Learn 2 swim / dive / gymnastics membership payments will be accepted by Direct Debit (5th of month)
General conditions of membership:
1. Membership does not include the use of a locker; these are available for use for a small nominal charge.
2. Membership cards are issued to all current members and must be used to gain entry each time a visit is made. Cards are not transferable and any use other that by the member may result in the cancellation of that membership.
3. Management reserves the right to refuse any application for membership.
4. South Ayrshire Council reserve the right to review membership fees and direct debit payments and these may be increased accordingly. Members paying by direct debit will be given one month's notice of any proposed increase and will have the right to terminate the membership without penalty at any time within the one month period, failing which the member will be deemed to have accepted the increase.
5. A charge will be levied in respect of replacement membership cards.
6. An advanced fee is payable on the day of joining which is worked out pro-rata from the monthly price.
7. Payment date is 5th of each month for monthly memberships. 28 days notice from any payment date is required to cancel the membership.
General terms of membership:
1, The Applicant declares that the information given by the parent guarding on the parental consent form is complete and accurate and that he/she knows of no reason whatsoever unless otherwise declared on the consent form why they should not participate in the programme prescribed however strenuous.
2. The Applicant will notify South Ayrshire Council Leisure section of any change to their physical condition which renders the information on the consent from incorrect in any respect by immediately informing the staff at the relevant facility of any changes that have occurred.
3. The Applicant will comply with the Rules relating to the use of the swimming pool and other facilities.
4. Memberships may be frozen (for acceptable reasons, e.g. injury) if the duration is less than 2 months. We cannot guarantee the same space and time after this period.
5. Failure to comply with any Rules relating to the use of the, swimming pool, and other facilities may result in membership being withdrawn.
6. On occasion it may be necessary for South Ayrshire Council to close areas of the facility for essential maintenance.
7. Planned closures for holiday periods or planned activities (e.g. Gala Competitions) will not constitute reasons for a refund.