Toggle menu

Facilities Management Hall and School Accommodation Bookings privacy notice

Read the privacy notice for Facilities Management (Hall and School Accommodation Bookings)

When you make a request to book a South Ayrshire Council school or hall you will need to provide us with some personal data or information.

As the 'data controller' for the personal information - or data - we hold about you, South Ayrshire Council decides how your personal information is used/processed, and what it is used for. This statement provides more details about this and provides information on how to get in touch with us if you need to know more.

Your personal data - what is it?

Personal data is information relating to a living person who can be identified from that data. Identification can be based on the information alone, or in conjunction with any other information. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and supplemented by the Data Protection Act 2018.

What Personal Data will we collect from you?

We will only collect the personal information we need to provide you with relevant information, services and support. The personal data we will collect includes:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Email
  • Health Information (physical or mental health conditions, if relevant to your booking to allow you access to our facilities)

How will we use your information?

Personal data will be used to contact you regarding your booking, and for the issuing of accounts relating to your booking.

What is the legal basis for using/sharing your information?

We need to use your personal data to administer your booking of a Council Hall or School, the processing is necessary to enter into the contract for the booking.

Who will we share your information with?

To enable us to manage your booking and manage our halls and schools we may share your information with the following:-

  • Facilities  Management  and  Mitie  staff  (for  PPP  Schools)  -  to ensure  the accommodation meets your needs and is available for use
  • Sports & Leisure  - to assist with managing your accommodation booking
  • Finance - to issue your booking invoice and any subsequent debt recovery if you fail to make payment.

How long do we keep hold of your information?

We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary. We keep data from the end of the calendar year for the current year plus two years in line with our corporate records retention schedule.

What are your rights?

The lawful basis for processing/using your personal data directly impacts which rights are available to you. For example, some rights will not apply in this case you do not have the right:

  • to object to the processing of your personal information

However, you do have the following rights and can ask us to:

  • erase your personal information.
  • enable the right to data portability
  • correct your personal information if it is inaccurate;
  • complete your personal information if it is incomplete;
  • restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances

What are the consequences of failing to provide personal information?

As the provision of your information to the Council is a contractual requirement, you are obliged to provide the information. Failure to provide this personal information will result in the Council being unable to process your booking.

Do you require this statement in a different format?

Please contact us if you require this information in an alternative format.

How can you get in touch with us?

If you wish to obtain any records held by the Council relating to you, or if you have any general data protection queries, please contact the Council's Data Protection Service at:

Data Protection Officer
South Ayrshire Council
County Buildings
Wellington Square

Telephone: 01292 612 223

If you have a complaint

If you are unhappy with the way the Council has dealt with your personal information, you can complain to the Data Protection Officer using the contact details noted above. If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner:

Information Commissioner's Office
45 Melville Street

Telephone: 0303 123 1113

If you have no internet access

Please contact us at the above postal address or telephone number if you wish to have copies of any of the above information and you do not have access to the internet. We will endeavour to let you have hard copies of the information.