Ayr Golf Week Winners Announced!
The winners of this year's Ayr Golf Week have now been announced, following a week of gruelling competition.
More than 300 entrants from across the UK took part in the prestigious competition at Belleisle and Seafield Golf Courses from Monday 6 until Sunday 12 June.
Ten competitions were held across the week, including the showcase Tam o' Shanter and Handyside Tournament where participants battled it out for a fantastic prize fund of £5,000. Long standing favourties, including the Stableford Competition, the Open Mixed Foursomes, Ladies Tri-am, and the Ladies Open Greensomes also made a return during this exciting tournament.
This year's winners were:
- Tam o' Shanter Trophy: Aidan Long of Ayr Belleisle
- Handyside Cup: Scott Murray of Lochmaben
- Robert Burns Trophy: John Dunbar of Garsefield
- Stableford Competition: Alastair Travers of Irvine Ravenspark
- Open Mixed Foursomes: Brian Martin of Dunnikier Park and Julie Porter of Binney
- Ladies Tri-am: Sandra Deeney, Yvonne Cashbolt and Cath Ramsay of Girvan
- Ladies Open Greensomes: Barbara Ritchie and Margaret Lawson of Ayr Belleisle
- Junior Open Boys and Girls:Girls 0-36 Tammy Grady of Irvine; Boys 25-36 Benito Rossie of Troon Welbeck; 13-24 Oliver McCormack of East Kilbride; 0-12 Quintin Dunlop Royal Troon.
Councillor Brian Connolly, South Ayrshire Council's Portfolio Holder for Sport and Leisure, said: 'This year's Ayr Golf Week was one to remember, with fierce competition played against the backdrop of our stunning scenery at Belleisle and Seafield Golf Courses.
'I'd like to congratulate to this year's winners and all of the competitors who took part in the competition. I'd also like to thank everyone behind the scenes for their hard work in delivering this fantastic event.'