South Ayrshire Council Announces New Provost, Leader and Portfolio Holders
South Ayrshire Council met today, 19 May, to elect the new administration's Provost, Leader and Portfolio Holders following the Local Government Election of Thursday 5 May.
Iain Campbell was voted in as South Ayrshire's new Provost and as such, he will carry out a variety of duties in the community as the First Citizen of South Ayrshire. He will be supported by Councillor Mary Kilpatrick as Depute Provost.
Councillors elected Martin Dowey as the new Leader of South Ayrshire Council, with Councillor Lee Lyons as the Depute Leader.
Councillors also approved the appointment of new Portfolio Holders to the administration's Cabinet:
- Corporate and Strategic Portfolio - Councillor Martin Dowey
- Economic Development Portfolio - Councillor Bob Pollock
- Health and Social Care Portfolio - Councillor Lee Lyons
- Education Portfolio - Councillor Stephen Ferry
- Finance, HR and ICT Portfolio - Councillor Ian Davis
- Sport and Leisure Portfolio - Councillor Brian Connolly
- Tourism and Rural Affairs Portfolio - Councillor Alec Clark
- Buildings, Housing and Environment Portfolio - Councillor Martin Kilbride
Councillor Martin Dowey, Leader of South Ayrshire Council said: "I'm proud to lead this administration and delighted to take on the role of Leader of South Ayrshire Council.
"I'm looking forward to working collaboratively with Councillors across the political spectrum to deliver for the people of South Ayrshire."
Councillor Iain Campbell, South Ayrshire Council's Provost said: "It is my great honour to be chosen as Provost of South Ayrshire. I'm looking forward to carrying out this role over the next five years."