- A comprehensive range of activities is organised in educational establishments with the road safety staff acting as facilitators and advisors.
- The road safety section provides all primary schools with a programme of educational resources from Early Years through to Secondary.
- Special needs - the road safety staff provides assistance and materials to these establishments. Resource available a2b Safely.
- Road safety is thought by many as a subject only relevant to young children. However pedestrian crash statistics peak around 13 years of age. The road safety staff work on a number of projects to cover transition from primary to secondary.
- Practical child pedestrian training: It has been recognised through extensive research that road safety lessons are more effective if taught in a real traffic environment rather than in the classroom.
- 'Urban Roadeo' Theatre Tour. Those in the mature road user category (55+) can enjoy 45 minutes of fun and laughter to learn about road safety. To find out more contact Road Safety.