Council launch Strategic Change Programme
We have just launched our South Ayrshire Way Strategic Change Programme, bringing together 19 initial change projects under six overarching transformational themes:
1. Delivering Council Plan priorities - focusing our services and expenditure on activities that support the Council Plan priorities
2. Services which are designed to be fit for purpose and sustainable - ensuring that we carry out systemic and structural reviews of our services which will seek to identify opportunities for transformational change through improvement, flexibility, and integration
3. Customers at the heart of what we do - Ensuring that the quality of services and the customer experience is the best that it can be, while encouraging and supporting customers to be more flexible and to work with us to deliver sustainable services
4. Digitally confident - doing more online and being more efficient in our processes
5. Maximising the use of our assets - working with communities to support them to make best use of their local assets
6. A workforce for the future - ensuring we have an engaged, empowered and informed workforce with the skills necessary to deliver the Council priorities.
The programme includes projects which will look at how we can deliver services differently, putting customers at the heart of what we do, and ensuring best value for money.
This will include considering new ways to deliver waste management services, with a focus on street cleaning and commercial waste. We'll also develop a net zero action plan and a new waste transfer and green waste station.
By delivering services differently and modernising the way we work, including increasing our use of digital options, we will be able to use our buildings differently. One of the nineteen projects will therefore focus on transforming the Council's estate.
The programme will also see us extend our engagement with communities in line with our Place Plans initiative, giving residents a voice on the improvements they would like to see in their local area.
Councillor Peter Henderson, Leader of South Ayrshire Council said: "As an organisation, we recognise the need for continuous change and improvement. The pandemic and the economic challenges we face have accelerated the need for us to deliver services differently.
"This programme brings together a significant number of projects, all of which have an ultimate focus of delivering real change, ensuring sustainable services and the most positive customer experience possible."