Toggle menu

Dog problems

Report dog fouling, excessive barking and stray dogs.

Use this service to report:

  • dog fouling
  • dog control
  • a stray dog
  • excessive barking

Eligibility criteria

We only investigate dog problems in South Ayrshire. To report a dog problem in another area contact the appropriate local authority.

Before you start

If a dog has attacked or bitten a person or an assistance dog phone Police Scotland on 101.

If a dog is outwith the owner's control, has attacked or bitten another dog or animal and its behaviour is such to cause apprehensiveness, this should be reported to us.

Dog waste

If you report a dog problem anonymously our investigation will be limited. If you're willing to give us your contact details this will help us to investigate a report fully.

How to report

Report dog fouling

For stray dogs phone 01292 618222 or email

For excessive barking report a noise complaint