Toggle menu

How to access information not in the publication scheme

If the information you are seeking is not available under this publication scheme, then you may wish to request it from us.

The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA) provides you with a general right of access to the information we hold, subject to certain exemptions.

The The Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRs) provide a right of access to the environmental information we hold, and the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) provides a right of access to any personal information about you that we hold. Again, these rights are subject to certain exceptions or exemptions.

Together these three pieces of legislation provide rights of access to most information held by us. However, there are other acts or regulations which provide a right of access to specific types of information held by local authorities, or which require registers to be publicly available. This includes information held on school pupils and social work client files.

More information on this can be found on the Information Commissioner's website.

  • Insert 'Pupil Information' in search facility.
  • Insert 'Social Work Records' in search facility.

Should you wish to request a copy of any information that we hold that is not available under this scheme, please contact the Freedom of Information officers.