You can make a high hedge application if it's blocking light to your house or garden.
When you can make a high hedge application
The hedge must:
- form a line of 2 more tree or shrubs
- be more than 2 metres high
- form a barrier to light in your house or garden
Before you can make a high hedge application
- be the owner or occupier of the affected property
- have tried to resolve things with the hedge owner
- keep records of dates and things you do to try to resolve it
- write to the hedge owner at least twice in the last 6 months - 1 must be by recorded delivery or from a lawyer
- send copies of the letters and any replies with your application
How to make a high hedge application notice
You can only make an application as a last resort if you can't resolve the dispute any other way.