Toggle menu

Grant funding

Under the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001, councils are required to ensure that tenants' groups are provided with adequate resources for organisation, training and support. Our Housing Services provides start up, running costs and equipment grants for tenant associations. To apply, your group must include tenants of our Housing Services and operate within South Ayrshire. This is because the grants are funded from the Housing Revenue Account (HRA). The HRA is made up of tenants' rents and is used by the council to pay for the housing service it delivers.

Grants currently available

  • Start-up grants - Are available for new groups to help with set up, for example, the costs of a first meeting or producing a flyer/newsletter promoting the organisation. Up to a maximum of £250 (This grant can only be applied for once per association)
  • Running cost grants - are available for daily operating costs such as photocopying, postage, childcare, travel, room hire and telephone calls. Up to a maximum of £250. (This grant can be applied for on an annual basis)
  • Equipment grants - Are available for purchasing equipment to help with the running of the organisation for example laptop, printer or projector. Up to a maximum of £400 (This grant can be applied for once in every 5 years)

How to apply

Download the application form for grant funding (Word doc) [64KB]

This should be completed in full and returned to our Tenant Participation Team at 2-6 The Cross, Prestwick, KAN 1AN or it can be emailed to the team at If you require any assistance or advice please contact the team on 01292 612968 or by email at