Toggle menu

Lock-ups to let

South Ayrshire Council has a number of lock-ups throughout the district, which are available for let to South Ayrshire Residents who own a car, motorbike, moped, motor-scooter or small van.

Application forms are available from each of the six area offices and applications on the waiting list are held in date order. Applications will not be accepted from current or former tenants of South Ayrshire Council, where they have outstanding arrears or outstanding rechargeable repairs, until all debts are paid in full. Vacant lock-ups are allocated to applicants who have waited the longest for a lock-up in that area.

Each applicant must provide their registration document for the vehicle to be housed in the lock-up, one further proof of their principal address and one proof of identification.


  • The premises will be used solely for the accommodation of a motor vehicle.
  • You must not allow the lock-up to be used for illegal or immoral purposes, including storing stolen goods.
  • You must not sub-let or assign the lock-up.
  • The tenant accepts the premises in its condition as at the date of entry. The tenant will be responsible for maintaining the premises in that condition. The tenant will also ensure the premises and their entrance are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
  • The tenant will make no structural alterations to the premises without the written consent of the landlord.
  • You must not do anything, or allow anything to be done, in the lock-up or in the neighbourhood which could reasonably cause nuisance or annoyance to other people, or which amounts to harassment of other people.
  • Officers of the landlord and any other person authorised by the landlord will be entitled to enter the premises at all reasonable times for the purpose of inspecting the premises and for executing any works.

Ending the Tenancy:

The Agreement can be ended in any one of the following ways:

  • By you giving us 14 days written notice.
  • By written mutual agreement between you and us.
  • By abandonment by you.

Before moving out of your lock-up you must do the following:

  • Leave the lock-up in a clean and tidy condition.
  • Remove all your belongings.
  • Lock all doors, secure all windows and hand in your keys to the local housing office.
  • Remove any fixtures and fittings you have installed, without our permission, reinstate the originals and put right any damage caused.
  • Check with us that you have paid all payments due to us.
  • Do the repairs you are obliged to do.
  • Give us a forwarding address unless there is good reason for not doing so.

Application form

Lock-up charges











Standard + VAT