Support and guidance
Support and guidance available from external organisations.
To help applicants along the asset transfer journey, there is a wide range of support and guidance available including:
For further information, guidance and example models on Community Asset Transfer visit the Scot Gov website.
Support and funding organisations
- The Community Ownership Support Service (COSS) has been funded by the Scottish Government to support community based groups in Scotland take a stake in or ownership of previously publicly owned land or buildings and is an invaluable source of information.
- Community Channel Scotland introduces you to resources that can help you to build your capacity as group members and as an organisation.
- Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) has advice on its website for groups setting up a formal organisation, including advice on charitable status.
- Community Land Scotland supports the growth of community land ownership in Scotland.
- Scottish Land Fund funded by the Scottish Government and delivered in partnership by the Big Lottery Fund and Highlands and Islands Enterprise, it offers grants of up to £1 million to help communities take ownership of the land and buildings that matter to them, as well as practical support to develop their aspirations into viable projects.
- Communities considering acquiring historic buildings or assets should contact the Architectural Heritage Fund and the Heritage Lottery Fund.
- Funding Scotland provides access to up to date, high quality information on funding opportunities to third sector organisations in Scotland and provides a search of over 1,300 funding opportunities.