Learn 2 Swim - Getting back to water
We are delighted to advise you that we are now in a position to begin to restart our swimming lessons. We know that some people may be nervous about returning to swimming lessons. Our swimming teachers are well prepared to do all they can to address any concerns about returning to the pool. For some people, getting back into the water after a long break means that they have to build water confidence again. It is possible that your child's confidence in water may have regressed a little during lockdown. With patience and encouragement we will support them to develop their confidence and skills in the water.
We have been working with our facilities team to prepare for a phased return to our swimming programme. To ensure that we comply with all national guidance in relation to health and safety, we have had to make some necessary changes to how we operate the Learn 2 Swim programme. We will continue to monitor any further guidance and will keep you informed if we have to make any further changes.
What have we have done to provide a safe environment for your child to return:
- Provided hand sanitiser stations throughout the facility
- Created one-way systems and changed the layout of the facility to support physical distancing.
- Trained staff in our new procedures
- Implemented enhanced cleaning measures throughout the day
- Reduced class sizes
- Implemented a phased return approach
- Provide training opportunities to teaching staff throughout lockdown and beyond to update their knowledge and understanding
- We will have a designated Covid-Officer in place at every session
What changes have we had to make:
- For a small number of people, it may be necessary to make some changes to the pool or to the class time where your child previously had lessons. We will contact those affected as soon as possible.
- We will be relocating all swimming lessons from the Citadel to Prestwick Swimming Pool. We will contact you directly to provide further details.
- At this time we can only allow swimmers onto the poolside. A Covid-officer will meet your child at the entrance to the class and will take them to poolside. They will then bring them back to you at the exit point.
What we need you to do:
- Please ensure we have the correct contact details and any medical information about your child. If you need to provide any updates, then you can do so by contacting us using the email below.
- Please check the details of your child's pool, day and class time by logging into your homeportal. If the proposed day and class is no longer suitable please contact us (only when you have a return date) using the email below.
- Please DO NOT bring your child to lessons if they or anyone else in the family have Covid symptoms or if they are supposed to be self-isolating.
- Please ensure your child comes prepared to swim. This is known as 'Beach Ready'. This means having their swimming attire on underneath their clothing when they arrive and that they only bring essentials such as a towel, dry robe, onesie or goggles onto the poolside. No changing facilities will be available (this will be reviewed at a later date).
- It is important that you speak to your child about what will be different and what they can expect on the poolside. Remind them that their teacher is there to help and support them, they will recap on core skills to develop confidence and to keep swimming fun. They should practise getting 'beach ready' and you should encourage them to wear loose clothing such as a Onesie, Dry Robe or Pyjamas to go over their swimwear.
What we need your child to do:
- Use hand sanitisers provided throughout the facility
- Follow all signage and floor markings and any instructions from our team members.
- Wear a face covering at all times in the facility except while on poolside. (medical exemption applies)
- Be prepared to dry and put loose clothing on over swimwear after their swimming lesson.
For further information, to update your child's details or for any general enquiry please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org