Eligible 2 year old
Apply to an early years centre for a 2 year old and find out if your child qualifies for a funded place.
South Ayrshire is committed to providing a high quality early learning and childcare experience for all our children, where they gain vital language and learning skills and improve their social development in a high quality early learning and childcare setting.
If you, the parent/carer, meets any of the following criteria please complete this application form.
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income based)
- Incapacity Benefit or Severe Disablement Allowance
- Child Tax Credit Where household income is £16,480 or less
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit where household income is £7500 or less
- Universal Credit where net earned income is £625 or less per month
- State Pension Credit
- Any income related to element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part Vl of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Is your two year old (or have they been at any point since turning two) looked after by the Local Authority or the subject of a Kinship Care or Guardianship Order?
Applications will only be accepted if
- you provide evidence of your benefit
- you provide a copy of your child's birth certificate
- it is made after your child's 2nd birthday
|If your child's birthday is between||Then your child can start|
|1 March - 31 August||August following their birthday|
|1 September - 31 December||January following their birthday|
|1 January - last day of February||March/April following their birthday|
Am I guaranteed the centre of my choice?
While every effort will be made to provide access to childcare within each local area it may not always be possible. Parents/ carers may choose not to accept the offer of early learning and childcare. Transport will not be provided for children accessing early learning and childcare places.