75th anniversary of VE Day
Planning is now underway across the country to commemorate next year's 75th anniversary of VE Day - the day the guns fell silent at the end of
World War Two.
8 May 2020 will mark 75 years since the carnage and destruction of the war came to an end and millions of people took to the streets to
celebrate peace, mourn their loved ones – and hope for the future.
To commemorate this important time, a three-day international celebration - VE Day 75 - will take place from 8th May to 10th May 2020.
The activities will include:
- The Playing of Battle's O'er & VE 75 Years
- The Nation's Toast to the Heroes of WW2
- The Cry for Peace, around the World
- Churches & cathedrals Ringing out for Peace
- Street parties and parties in pubs, clubs, Hotels, on town and village greens and in halls etc
- Services of commemoration and celebration in churches, including the reading of the Tribute to the Millions and the playing of the Last Post.
Details of planned events and information on how to register to take part can be found at www.veday75.org.
This is your chance to play tribute to the millions who played a vital part in achieving peace after six years of war.