Universal Credit

5. Who needs to know?

If you make a claim for Universal Credit, you should let your landlord know. It does not matter if that’s the Council, housing association or private landlord, you will need to make the necessary arrangements for paying your rent.

Remember, it’s your responsibility to put your family and home first and ensure your rent is paid on time. It might be helpful to set up a Standing Order or a Direct Debit to ensure your rent is paid when it should be.

Universal Credit does not include any Council Tax reduction you may be entitled to. To make sure you receive a Council Tax reduction, you must apply for this separately https://southayrshireclaims.teamnetsol.com/