Local Development Plan Project Board
The Elected Member/Officer Local Development Plan Project Board has responsibility for overseeing the process of
preparing Local Development Plans in South Ayrshire. This is intended to ensure that the preparation of the Plan
meets key deadlines, and that the form and content of the Plan are appropriate. The Board will also oversee the
consultation measures undertaken throughout the process.
The Board will meet several times a year and at regular intervals so that progress on key aspects of the Local
Development Plan can be fed back to the board for consideration. The Project Board is a non-decision-making
working group, with the following membership:
- Portfolio holder for Economic Development, Tourism and Leisure (Chair) (Councillor Brian McGinley);
- Portfolio holder for Sustainability and Environment (Councillor Ian Cochrane);
- Portfolio holder for Housing and Customer Services (Councillor Philip Saxton);
- Chair and vice chair of Regulatory Panel (Councillors Brian Connolly and Craig MacKay);
- Chair of Service and Performance Panel (Councillor Alec Clark).
Information from previous Board meetings can be viewed, here: