Early education and childcare for children aged two
South Ayrshire is committed to providing a high quality early learning and childcare experience for all our children, where they gain vital language and learning skills and improve their social development in a high quality early learning and childcare setting.
If you, the parent/carer, meets any of the following criteria please complete the application form.
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income based)
- Incapacity Benefit or Severe Disablement Allowance
- Child Tax Credit where household income is £16,105 or less
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit where household income is £7320 or less
- Universal Credit where net earned income is £610 or less per month
- State Pension Credit
- Any income related to element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under V1 of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Is your two year old (or have they been at any point since turning two) looked after by the Local Authority or the subject of a Kinship Care or Guardianship Order?
When is your child eligible for a two year old early years placement?
|If your child’s birthday is between
||Then your child can start
|1 March – 31 August
||August following their birthday
|1 September – 31 December
||January following their birthday
|1 January – last day of February
||March/April following their birthday
Every effort will be made to provide access to childcare within each local area, however, it may not always be possible.
Transport will not be provided for children accessing early learning and childcare places.
Download the early years enrolment form and post the completed form to:
South Ayrshire Council
Wellington Square Square
Pregnant or have children under the age of four? You could qualify if you're on benefits, or if you're pregnant and under 18. With Healthy Start, you get free vouchers every week to spend on milk, plain fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables, and infant formula milk. You can also get free vitamins.
For more information visit the Healthy Start website