South Ayrshire Council Golf Courses Set To Re-open
Following the recent change to Scottish Government guidance, South Ayrshire Council is delighted to announce that our golf courses will re-open, with some restrictions, from Friday 29 May following confirmation from the First Minister of the easing of lockdown on Thursday 28 May.
We look forward to welcoming golfers back and are committed to ensuring that our facilities re-open safely to ensure the wellbeing of customers and staff. We have carefully considered the national guidance on safe play and are taking the following measures to ensure we comply:
• All courses will be open for social play only;
• Tee times will be restricted;
• Customers can play up to two rounds per week to allow fair access and ensure social distancing requirements are maintained, this will be monitored and maybe relaxed if we are confident everyone who wishes to play can;
• Full season ticket memberships remain suspended and a temporary, new Flexi- Membership scheme will be introduced –more details can be found on our website, www.golfsouthayrshire.com;
• All tee times will be available to Flexi-Members 7 days in advance, on a first come, first served basis. There will be no Visitor times available initially;
• Customers should play at their nearest course to comply with current travel restrictions.
Councillor Brian McGinley, Portfolio Holder for Economic Development, Tourism and Leisure said: "Golfers will be delighted to hear that our courses are reopening, particularly as we are experiencing some fantastic golfing weather.
"I can't stress enough, however, that we are not back to business as usual and it is important that everyone works with us to ensure our facilities can re-open safely in line with current COVID-19 advice. This means observing the new measures we have put in place to ensure social distancing.
"We want to make sure that people have fair access to our courses, so we ask that enthusiastic golfers appreciate why, to be considerate of fellow players, we can only allow flexi-golf members to book two tee times per week. Of course, we'll review this depending on demand at courses.
"Our courses are in excellent condition and I'd like to thank the staff who have worked exceptionally hard in recent weeks to maintain them. I know that lots of local people have enjoyed visiting the courses as part of their daily exercise routine and they are still welcome, however I would urge walkers to keep to the footpaths and take care when golf is being played."
For more information please visit www.golfsouthayrshire.com or follow us on Facebook.