Communal systems are available for neighbours who want to share bins
Communities in Coylton, Maybole Symington, Tarbolton, and parts of Ayr and Prestwick and a number of rural properties are being given the chance to find out more about the new recycling service at a series of roadshows. From 18 March 2019, two new bins will be used to collect 'Paper, Card and Cardboard', and 'Glass Bottles and Jars', with blue bins changing to 'Metals, Plastics and Cartons'.
Supported by Zero Waste Scotland, the Council is introducing an enhanced collection schedule between now and April 2019. The latest stage of the campaign will see the service introduced to around 15,000 properties with letters detailing the changes having being sent to all affected properties, and with the new bins being delivered in February and March.
To support this, a number of recycling roadshows are scheduled to be held in February:
- Monday, 11 – Carrick Centre, Maybole (5:30-7:30pm)
- Tuesday, 12 – Heathfield Primary School, Ayr (6-8pm)
- Wednesday, 13 – Coylton Primary School (6-8pm)
- Monday, 18 – Tarbolton Community Campus (6-8pm)
- Tuesday, 19 – The Speakers, Maybole (2-4pm)
- Tuesday, 19 – Doonfoot Primary School, Ayr (6-8pm)
- Wednesday, 20 – Forehill Primary School, Ayr (6-8pm)
- Thursday, 21 – Dalmilling Primary School (6-8pm)
- Tuesday, 26 - Symington Primary School (6-8pm)
Councillor Ian Cochrane, South Ayrshire Council's Portfolio Holder for Environment said, "We're now approaching the end of the campaign with the majority of people in South Ayrshire already using the new recycling service.
"We've taken a flexible approach to the way we do this and coming to the roadshows gives you the option of discussing available options, with communal systems something which can be introduced if neighbours want to share bins.
"I'd encourage anyone who wants to know more about the service, which is already making a difference, to come along to your nearest event to find out more."
More information on the new service, including detailed service guides, frequently asked questions, and more information about your neighbourhood, please click here.
If you have any immediate questions please phone: 0300 123 0900 or email customer services on: email@example.com