With the Easter break fast approaching, a bumper package of fun activities has been unveiled for families across South Ayrshire. The programme, for the Council's Leisure and Activity Centres, promises a host of sports and events for children and young people.
The two-week programme, which runs between Monday, 2 April and Sunday, 15 April, features activities including: archery, athletics, diving, football, gymnastics, orienteering, rugby, swimming, and tennis.
This year's highlights:
- Animal petting at Dundonald, Mossblown, Muirhead and Whitletts Activity Centres, and at the Citadel
- Athletics at Dam Park Stadium
- Ayr United Football Academy's 2018 Easter Programme
- Crash course swimming lessons as the Citadel, Troon Pool, Prestwick Pool, and Maybole Pool
- Fun rugby at Ayr RFC, Carrick Academy, Girvan Academy, and Marr Rugby Club,
- Orienteering at Fullarton Woods and Rozelle Park
- Outdoor day at Dolphin House
- Roller disco at Dundonald Activity Centre
- Tennis in Ayr and Prestwick
Brian McGinley, South Ayrshire Council's Portfolio Holder for Economic Development, Tourism and Leisure, said, the annual programme remained a popular choice, "We're committed to giving children and young people as many opportunities as possible to lead active and healthy lifestyles and our Easter programme aims to offer something for everyone.
"With a wide-range of sports available to choose from, we also have a number of family events which make good use of our centres, with many of the events either free or available at minimal cost.
"Our staff will be working hard in the coming weeks to make sure this year's Easter break is a memorable experience and I'm sure the 2018 programme will be a big hit with all those who sign up to take part."
Pre-booking is essential for some of the activities. Times and dates vary depending on location and activity. For full details of the Easter Programme, which includes contact details, download a copy here.