This year's winners line up at Belleisle
After a week of tough competition the winners of this year's Ayr Golf Week have been unveiled with a host of local talent shining through in the Ayrshire sun. Around 600 golfers took part in the showcase event, with competitors travelling from across the UK.
Ayr Golf Week took place on the Belleisle and Seafield Golf Courses from 3-10 June.
There were 13 competitions across the week, including the showcase Tam o' Shanter and Handyside Tournament with £5,000 prize money for the week-long event, alongside the new Robert Burns Trophy, Junior Open, and the Junior Stableford.
This year's winners were:
- Tam o' Shanter Trophy: Sean Addie (Belleisle Golf Club) beat Aidan Long (Belleisle Golf Club) with a final score of 4&3
- Handyside Cup: John Kelly (Belleisle Golf Club) won the 2018 cup, beating Craig Fulton (Belleisle Golf Club) 2 UP
- Robert Burns Trophy: William Scott (Troon St Meddans Golf Club) beat Ian Roy (Leasowe Golf Club) 4&2
- Ladies RC Brown Memorial Competition: Jennifer Hill (Prestwick St Nicholas Golf Club) won with a Gross 87 (Net 75) in excellent weather conditions.
- Junior Open Boys and Girls: Handicap Category 0-12: John McCracken (Royal Troon Golf Club) beat Harvey Broadfoot (Belleisle Golf Club) with a Net 68
- Handicap Category 13-24: Daniel Long (Turnberry Golf Club) beat Callum Byers (Belleisle Golf Club) with a Net 73
- Handicap Category 25-36: 1st Net Winner Connor McMillan (Belleisle Golf Club)
- Junior Stableford: Handicap Category 0-12: Connor Wills (Prestwick St Nicholas Golf Club) beat Ross McDonald (Belleisle Golf Club) with 39 points
- Handicap Category 13-24: Lewis Connor (Belleisle Golf Club) beat Ben Watt (Prestwick St Nicholas Golf Club with 44 points
- Handicap Category 25-36: Alexander Curran (Troon St Welbeck) beat Connor McMillan (Belleisle Golf Club) with 37 points
Councillor Brian McGinley, South Ayrshire Council's Portfolio Holder for Economic Development, Tourism and Leisure, said the showcase event hadn't disappointed, "The great weather mixed with spectacular scenery and healthy competition meant this year's Ayr Golf Week was definitely one to remember.
"Golf week is about showcasing our fantastic courses but it also promotes healthy lifestyles. We also want to encourage a new generation of people to take up the sport and help give the game a long term future.
"I'd like to thank everyone for all their hard work in delivering this popular event and to all the competitors who chose to take part - we hope to see you all again in 2019!"
For a full list of all this year's winners click this link.
Golf South Ayrshire operates eight courses, with Belleisle, Troon, Girvan, Dalmilling, and Maybole all playing a part in providing a wide-range of courses for players of all abilities. For more information visit the Golf South Ayrshire website.