Tarbolton Community Campus opened in February 2017
The high quality of education and care at Tarbolton Primary School and Early Learning Centre has been officially recognised. A positive appraisal report from Education Scotland found that both the Primary and Early Years Centre were achieving 'very good' to 'good' performances across the board.
In January 2018, a team of inspectors from Education Scotland visited the school for two days. During their visit, they talked to parents, carers and children and worked closely with the headteacher and staff. The inspection team gathered evidence to enable them to evaluate aspects of the quality of leadership and children's achievements.
The inspection team found the following strengths in the work of the school and the early years' class:
- The headteacher's leadership and the clear direction she has given in leading self-evaluation for self-improvement across the school and the early years' class.
- Happy, confident children who very actively engage with their school and early years' class and benefit from being involved in helping to make improvements.
- High quality team working across the school and early years' class and the opportunities which staff have to lead developments across the school and local cluster.
- The nurturing and inclusive ethos throughout the school and early years' class and the attention given by staff to identifying and meeting individual children's needs.
The following areas for improvement were identified and discussed:
- Continue to engage all partners to enhance learning for children and further improve attainment.
- Develop the confidence and skills of the early years' class team to develop further self-evaluation for improvement.
Councillor William Grant, South Ayrshire Council's Portfolio Holder for Lifelong Learning said the praise was well deserved, "The new Tarbolton Community Campus has just celebrated its first anniversary and it's great to see the new building is helping to deliver first-class education to children at every level.
"As headteacher, particular praise was given for Jackie Blair's leadership, something which has helped to create an inclusive culture where teachers are confident to work and children enjoy learning.
"Parents and carers will take great comfort from this positive report and I'd like to thank everyone for their hard work in making the new campus such a success."
The full report can be found on the Education Scotland website.