Troon and villages locality planning group
For all the latest information visit us on Facebook
When we meet
We meet on the third Wednesday of the month in Troon Municipal Buildings, from 6.30pm - 8.30pm. View the locality planning meetings calendar.
Chair: Richard McMinn
Vice-chair: Maureen Murray.
What we do
The group comprises of local people, staff, professionals and representatives, who work together for the benefit of the community. Membership is diverse, encompassing a broad range of skills, knowledge and experience from across the locality.
The purpose of locality planning is to jointly assess need, and prioritise and plan how resources can be implemented effectively to achieve the delivery of the National and Local Outcomes; to be the local focus for service delivery and support across the sectors to local people and communities within the area.
Through local community engagement and profiling information, key priorities have been identified:
- Supporting people who are isolated or lonely to be better connected to wider community networks
- Promote positive mental wellbeing across the locality; with particular focus on dementia, depression, anxiety and recovery
- Ensure health and social care services are accessible to all residents within Troon and surrounding villages (particularly older people and those living with long term conditions)
- Connecting Troon and villages through community led support - Launch ‘Troon Connect’ and continue to develop ‘new front doors’ within Troon and surrounding villages
- Developing opportunities and resources for children and young people
If you would like to find out more about the group or would like to get involved, please contact Seonaid Lewis, Community Engagement Officer for the Troon and villages locality.
Telephone: 01292 559 359
Mobile: 0777 321 4125.