Prestwick and villages locality planning group
For all the latest information visit us on Facebook
When we meet
We meet on the 4th Monday of the month in the Biggart Hospital Boardroom from 7pm - 9pm. View the locality planning meetings calendar.
Chair: Margaret Milligan
Vice-chair: Willie Stewart.
What we do
The group comprises of local people, staff, professionals and representatives, who work together for the benefit of the community. Membership is diverse, encompassing a broad range of skills, knowledge and experience from across the locality.
The purpose of locality planning is to jointly assess need, and prioritise and plan how resources can be implemented effectively to achieve the delivery of the National and Local Outcomes; to be the local focus for service delivery and support across the sectors to local people and communities within the area.
Through local community engagement and profiling information, key priorities have been identified:
- Supporting the development of opportunities, services and activities to enable local people to be independent and well - particularly those experiencing dementia, social isolation, poor mental health and caring responsibilities
- Support ongoing development of Biggart Hospital as a centre for health and wellbeing; supported by the community for the community.
- Promote and develop knowledge and understanding of the resources, services, assets and opportunities available across the locality.
- Connecting Prestwick and villages through community led support - Launch ‘Prestwick Connect’ and continue to develop ‘new front doors’ within Prestwick and surrounding villages
- Developing opportunities and resources for children and young people and families
If you would like to find out more about the group or would like to get involved, please contact Seonaid Lewis, Community Engagement Officer for the Prestwick and villages locality.
Telephone: 01292 559 359
Mobile: 0777 321 4125.