Prestwick and villages locality planning group
For all the latest information visit us on Facebook
When we meet
We meet on the 4th Monday of the month in the Biggart Hospital Boardroom from 7pm - 9pm. View the locality planning meetings calendar.
Chair: Margaret Milligan
Vice-chair: Willie Stewart.
What we do
The group comprises of local people, staff, professionals and representatives, who work together for the benefit of the community. Membership is diverse, encompassing a broad range of skills, knowledge and experience from across the locality.
Key objectives are to assess need, and prioritise and plan how resources can be implemented most effectively to achieve the National Outcomes for Health & Social Care.
Through local community consultations and profiling information, key priorities have been identified:
- Communication - sharing information and promotion of services
- Local assets are fully utilised and developed
- Tackling social isolation and loneliness
- Addressing transport issues and access to services
- Establishing mechanisms to engage young people
- Influencing local health and social care services (including those run by the third sector) to be more integrated, locally responsive and more preventative
- Keeping local people independent and well through support for
- older and frail people
- people living with dementia
- other vulnerable people
- carers and young carers
Short life working groups have been established to progress planning and activity around these key priorities. To date three sub-groups have been formed; communications, small grants and social isolation.
View Prestwick and Villages Locality Planning Group Review Presentation.
If you would like to find out more about the group or would like to get involved, please contact Seonaid Lewis, Community Engagement Officer for the Prestwick and villages locality.
Telephone: 01292 559 359
Mobile: 0777 321 4125.