Girvan and South Carrick villages locality planning group
For all the latest information visit us on Facebook
About the group
The group comprises of local people, professionals and representatives, who work together for the benefit of the whole community across South Carrick. Membership is diverse, encompassing a broad range of skills, knowledge and experience from across locality and our focus is to help shape and deliver local services for local people.
When we meet
We meet on the second Wednesday of the month in Girvan Community Hospital, Girvan from 7pm – 9pm. View the locality planning meetings calendar.
Vice-chair: Irene Climie.
The key objectives for the Locality Planning Group is to assess and prioritise local need and thereafter plan how resources can be implemented most effectively to achieve the National Outcomes for Health & Social Care.
Through local community consultations and profiling information, four key priorities have been identified in South Carrick:
- Tackling Social Isolation and Loneliness
- Support, Deliver and Influence Work Among Local Older People
- Promoting Good Mental Health
- Tackling Drug and Alcohol Issues
- Support, Deliver and Influence Work Among Local Young People
- Access to Service and Information About Local Health and Social Care Provision
If you would like to find out more about the group or would like to get involved, please contact Chic Martindale, Community Engagement Officer for the Maybole and North Carrick Villages Locality.
Telephone: 01292 559447.