Ayr North and villages locality planning group
For all the latest information visit us on Facebook
About the group
The group comprises of local people, professionals and representatives, who work together for the benefit of the whole community across North Ayr and surrounding Villages. Membership is diverse, encompassing a broad range of skills, knowledge and experience from across the locality and our focus is to help shape and deliver local services for local people.
When we meet
We meet on the third Thursday of the month in the Health and Social Care Partnership Training Centre, The John Pollock Centre, Mainholm, Ayr , from 5.30pm to 7.30pm. View the locality planning meetings calendar.
Chair: Dylan Harper
Vice-chair: Andy McClung
SPAG Rep: Rita Miller
The key objectives for the Locality Planning Group is to assess and prioritise local need and thereafter plan how resources can be implemented most effectively to achieve the National Outcomes for Health & Social Care.
Through local community consultations and profiling information, four key priorities have been identified in Ayr North & Villages:
- Better Connected and Resilient Communities
- Developing Community Spaces and Hubs
- Supporting Employability, Volunteering and Training Opportunities
- Reducing the impact of Alcohol and Drug Misuse
- Supporting People to improve their Mental Wellbeing
- Reducing the Effects of Poverty and Deprivation
- Supporting Resources for Children, Young People and Families
If you would like to find out more about the group or would like to get involved, please contact Neil Goudie, Community Engagement Officer for Ayr North & Villages Locality.
Telephone: 01292 559421.