Application For Direct Payment To Landlord

Go directly to the application pack link

What is this form for?

The Benefits Service has to make all payments of Local Housing Allowance (LHA) directly to you, but we can make payments directly to your landlord where you have difficulty managing your affairs.

The information you provide on this form will help the Benefits Service decide whether it is appropriate to pay LHA directly to your landlord. You may not need to complete all the questions, as each person’s circumstances are different, but try to give as much information and evidence as possible.

Who Should Complete This Form?

This form should be completed by the claimant, but it can also be completed on behalf of the claimant by:

  • family or friends
  • main carer
  • an advice or welfare agency or support provider
  • another service within the Council

What should be sent with this form?

Written evidence needs to be provided to support the evidence given in this form. This can be from various sources depending on a person’s individual circumstances, for example:

  • The claimant's:
    • family and/or friends
    • landlord
    • General Practitioner (GP)
    • Probation Officer
    • Social Worker
    • main carer
  • Welfare Groups
  • Department of Works and Pensions

Please note this list is not exhaustive. If you have previously provided evidence please tell us and we will check to see if we need new details.

Please note if you have to pay to obtain evidence in support of your application please contact us first.

Download the application form