Weigh to go
Weigh to go Ayrshire is a weight management programme, created by NHS Ayrshire & Arran, delivered in local communities by local authority staff. Weigh to go is a 12 week programme, each class consists of 45 minutes of nutritional advice followed by 45 minutes of exercise.
If you are aged 16 or over and have a body mass index (BMI) of more than 25 then you may be eligible for this programme.
As part of the programme, you will get:
- private one-to-one weigh-ins
- support, motivation and help when 'the going gets tough'
- regular health checks over one year
- physical activity options
- 12 healthy lifestyle modules including food labelling, healthy eating without dieting, staying active to manage weight and overcoming comfort eating
Find out more or see when Weigh to go classes are on. Classes cost £3.50 per class.
For more information contact the Health Development Team on:
T: 01292 269793