Green deal and consumer protection

All Green Deal organisations - eg installers, assessors and providers, must have the Green Deal Quality Mark:

All certified Green Deal organisations must comply with the Green Deal Code of Practice.

For general information on the Green Deal including advice on the complaints process, contact the Home Energy Scotland advice line 0808 808 2282.

Further information can also be found on the web site -

There is also a series of consumer advice sheets available at - .

For consumer advice covering contractual and legal rights involving any dispute between a trader and a consumer and to report any trader to Trading Standards, contact - Citizens Advice Scotland or telephone 0808 800 9060.

If you receive a complaint from a householder about a Green Deal company then you need to establish if the company is certified for the Green Deal and whether they're an assessor, installer or provider. You can check whether they are by visiting the Green Deal Oversight Registration Body.

If they are not a certified Green Deal company, but are misusing the Green Deal company, but are misusing the Green Deal Quality Mark the the complaint needs to be passed on to Trading Standards (see Citizens Advice Scotland section above).

If they are a Green Deal company then you should address your complaint with the company first.

If you are still not satisfied then you can contact the Green Deal Orb who has the power to revoke their certification and refer the matter to Trading Standards. Trading Standards can then investigate the complaint and take the matter to court if necessary.

If you have a Green Deal in place and the Green Deal provider hasn't resolved the complaint within 8 weeks then the complaint can be escalated to the Green Deal Ombudsman - or telephone 0330 440 1624.

If a complaint is specifically about the Consumer Credit Agreement then complaints may be raised with the Financial Ombudsman Service - or telephone 0800 023 4567.