What we can and can't do
Information on what Housing services can and cannot do if you have a problem with a neighbour.
- Provide you with help to resolve the problem through our Mediation Service.
- Take the situation seriously and investigate the complaint thoroughly.
- Provide you with a high standard of customer service.
- Keep you informed.
- Implement effective procedures and comprehensive strategies to manage neighbour
- Work with other agencies & departments such as, the Police, Environmental Health
and Social Work to resolve the situation.
- Stop someone from doing something that is not illegal or is not a breach of their
- Provide a quick fix to the problem.
- Pursue any legal action without proper evidence to support allegations
of anti-social behaviour.
- Evict people from their homes unless the Sheriff deems it reasonable
following a full court hearing.