Placements are allocated by a referral from a Social Worker.
However to access any of the classes we offer please contact the unit team leader at the day service by letter, email or telephone who will be happy to discuss your requirements.
Users should be aged 18 years +, and be:
- Resident in South Ayrshire
- Have contact with Learning Disabilities Services
"To improve the quality of life for adults with learning disabilities in the local area by providing a range of holistic and personalised learning opportunities enabling them to learn and develop new skills as well as building on existing ones with a view to achieving their own personal outcomes.".
The general aims of the service:
- To involve service users in the planning and development of the service.
- To support service users to become part of their community.
- To provide varied opportunities and support according to individual need.
- To seek opportunities and encourage service users to contribute to the consultation and planning process for the service.
- To work collaboratively with other statutory and voluntary agencies, service users and carers to provide a range of services for people with learning disabilities.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Helping people to have independence, choice and control over their lives.
- Providing services that are tailored to meet individual assessed needs using a person centred approach.
- Providing clear standards and a quality service.
- Creating an environment that encourages personal development, confidence, self esteem and promotes independence.
- Working with partners in the private and voluntary sectors.
- Promoting and developing learning opportunities.
- Encouraging the expression of views and concerns, listening and then responding to both groups and individuals.
The staff team consists of:
- Unit Team Leader
- Senior Social Care Worker
- 7 Day Centre Officers
- 1 Administrative Assistant
- 1 Escort
Meet the team in our Welcome to Girvan Opportunities leaflet.