Community Outreach Project 'Work for You'
- Ayr – Whitletts (includes Dalmilling) and Lochside (includes North Wallacetown).
- Kilmarnock – Onthank (includes Knockinlaw), Altonhill (includes Tourhill), Hillhead and Longpark.
Delivery: 5 Advisers based and working in Kilmarnock and 5 based and working in Ayr.
- Tackle worklessness for households or individuals within these four neighbourhoods;
- Engage effectively with individuals and through this engagement successfully engage with households in order to minimise the impact of the economic conditions;
- Bring together key delivery partners to provide a co-ordinated approach that maximises resources and support available to individuals and households to address intergenerational worklessness;
- Work with local partnerships to identify where this support is needed most ensuring it links effectively into wider economic planning and locally-agreed priorities;
- Work closely with Social Landlords to support tenants to move from welfare to work;
- Place Jobcentre Plus advisers in the community to deliver a ‘household’ advisory service where co-dependencies on benefits will be investigated; barriers to moving into work explored and action plans developed for engaged households;
- Support inter-agency interventions within the community to bring all agencies together and provide added value to partnerships.
- Achieve annually, a set of stretching targets, of engaging with 1000 people and placing 320 into employment with a sustainability target of 80% remaining in employment after 13 weeks.
More information can be obtained from:
‘Work For You’
Community Outreach Implementation Manager
Tel: 01292 666080