The Auld Kirk of Ayr was built in 1654 after Cromwell's forces requisitioned the town's church. Its original timber interior has three lofts and fine traditional and modern stained glass. Access is through the lych gate at the top of Kirkport off High St. The kirkyard contains a Covenanters stone and one of Ayr's seven Heritage Trail benches.
Robert Burns was baptised by the minister, Rev William Dalrymple, and his father was an elder of the church.
Open to visitors in 2019 on Tuesdays 1 pm - 2 pm in March, April, May, June, September, October and November, and on Saturdays 10 am – 12 noon in July and August.