Help us fight food crime
The Scottish Food Crime Hotline has been set up by Food Standards Scotland to help the people of Scotland report any instances
of food crime and illegal practices to protect ourselves, our families and the Scottish food and drink industry.
What is food crime?
Food crime comes in different forms and includes:
- Fraud – food or drink that has been adulterated or substituted using poorer quality, mis-labelled or dangerous ingredients
- Illicit goods – selling a product as something it isn’t such as counterfeit alcohol – fake vodka or wine
- Identity theft – fraudulently using the identity of a legitimate food business and the movement of livestock and food using falsified documents
- Illegal slaughter – the slaughter of farmed, wild and stolen animals in conditions which do not meet animal welfare or hygiene standards
- Unfit food – everything from putting animal by-products back into the food chain, to meat of unknown origin, or selling goods after their ‘use-by’ date
Report food crime
Call South Ayrshire Environmental Health on 0300 123 0900.
If you have any queries or require further information regarding food crime then please see the Food Standards Scotland website
at http://www.foodstandards.gov.scot/food-crime or call
call the free and anonymous Scottish food crime hotline on 0800 028 7926.