Food Hygiene Information Scheme
Find out how well food businesses in your area have fared in their last food hygiene inspection by
selecting one of these search options.
Please note that by using this application you agree with and accept the following disclaimer:
Information will be posted within 14 days of a visit to a food business and whilst every effort
is made to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and up-to-date South Ayrshire
Council does not accept responsibility for any omissions or errors.
What information will I see?
The scheme is designed to give straightforward information about how each food outlet fared at its
last food hygiene inspection.
- Pass A 'Pass' indicates that the business broadly met the legal requirements.
These requirements include the conditions found and the management procedures in place for providing
safe food. A 'Pass' certificate
should provide reassurance that the establishment meets legal requirements at the time of inspection
and the certificate should be prominently displayed by the business.
- Improvement Required Where a business has failed to meet these requirements it will be issued with an 'Improvement Required' certificate.
- Exempt Premises A very small number of premises may be registered as food businesses in circumstances where it is unlikely that customers
will view them as food premises. The assessment for such premises will have concluded that the food safety risk is negligible.
- Awaiting inspection Where a business has not yet been inspected, it will be issued with a temporary certificate advising consumers of that
fact. This will appear as 'Awaiting Inspection' on the website. Premises will also require to be re-inspected where they have changed ownership.
- Under Review Every business has the right of review within 7 days of inspection therefore during this period no decision will be published
Where the last full food hygiene inspection resulted in the business being classed ‘Improvement Required’
the inspecting officers report will also be available. This will show the food hygiene issues found during
the inspection that require attention before the business would be classed a ‘Pass’. The report will
remain available until the next full food hygiene inspection is completed.
The Eat safe award scheme will continue to offer catering businesses
the opportunity to be recognised for achievement of standards beyond compliance.
The Food Standards Agency host hygiene ratings for the whole of the United Kingdom on behalf of local authorities.
You can view the status of food businesses outside of South Ayrshire from