Modern and craft apprenticeships
South Ayrshire Council provides a range of Modern and Craft Apprenticeships for young people aged 16 to 19.
At the end of your MA, you’ll get a qualification. Modern Apprenticeships are available at four different levels, all mapped to the Scottish Credit and Qualifications
Framework (SCQF). This means you can see exactly what you’ve achieved. Your qualification will be accredited by the Scottish Qualifications Authority Accreditation
(SQA), so you can be sure that the skills, training and knowledge you get is relevant and up to date.
We offer Apprenticeships in the following areas:
- Business and Administration Level 2 & 3
- Sustainable Resource Management Level 2
- Amenity Horticulture Level 2
- Sport and Active Leisure Level 2
- Social Services and Health Care – Children and Young People; Elderly Level 2
- Social Services and Health Care – Children and Young People; Childcare level 3
- Construction Level 3
Ashley, “I have enjoyed the experience as it has allowed me to gain qualifications whilst working in an office environment. It has also allowed me to gain valuable knowledge and skills.”
Modern Apprenticeships are funded by Skills Development Scotland. To tie in with school leaving dates, we generally recruit for new Modern Apprentices in August and February. All vacancies for Modern Apprentices are advertised on My Job Scotland recruitment portal.
For more information contact