Modern and craft apprenticeships
South Ayrshire Council provides a range of Modern and Craft Apprenticeships for young people aged 16 to 19.
Whilst completing your MA you will work towards the relevant work-based qualification within the sector you are working in. Modern Apprenticeships are available at four different levels, all mapped to the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF). This means you can see exactly what you’ve achieved. Your qualification will be accredited by the Scottish Qualifications Authority Accreditation (SQA), so you can be sure that the skills, training and knowledge you get is relevant and up to date.
We offer Apprenticeships in the following areas:
- Business and Administration Level 2 & 3 (SCQF 5&6)
- Sustainable Resource Management Level 2 (SCQF 5)
- Amenity Horticulture Level 2 (SCQF 5)
- Sport and Active Leisure Level 2 (SCQF 5)
- Social Services and Health Care Level 2 (SCQF 6)
- Social Services and Health Care – Children and Young People; Childcare level 3 (SCQF 7)
- Construction Level 3 (SCQF 7)
- Hospitality Services Level 2 (SCQF 6)
- Youth Work Level 2 (SCQF 6)
- Active Schools Level 2 (SCQF 5
- Ayrshire roads Level 2 (SCQF 5)
Ashley, “I have enjoyed the experience as it has allowed me to gain qualifications whilst working in an office environment. It has also allowed me to gain valuable knowledge and skills within my team and earn money while learning.”
Modern Apprenticeships are funded by Skills Development Scotland. To tie in with school leaving dates, we generally recruit for new Modern Apprentices in August and February, however there are Apprenticeship’s advertised throughout the year. All vacancies for Modern Apprentices are advertised on My Job Scotland recruitment portal.
As part of the Council’s commitment to Corporate Parenting, young people who are care experienced can expect to be supported to access South Ayrshire Council’s modern apprenticeships. These opportunities will be identified and ring-fenced for young people who are care experienced
For more information contact