Community Planning is based on the simple idea that if we all work more effectively together then public services will improve for those who use them.
Community Planning should start with the service providers, for example the Council, NHS and Police, engaging with local communities and service users to find out what their needs are and then jointly agree priorities. The next stage is to jointly design local services to meet these identified priorities and ensure that they are delivered effectively.
Information on South Ayrshire Community Planning Partnership structure can be found here.
The Community Planning Board
The Community Planning Board is the executive and decision making body of South Ayrshire Community Planning Partnership (CPP) and is chaired by the Leader of the Council, Councillor Douglas Campbell. It makes decisions on priorities, strategic outcomes and objectives for the CPP and has responsibility for the delivery of the South Ayrshire Single Outcome Agreement.
View the agendas, minutes and papers for the Board meetings.
Community Planning Board members
- Leader, South Ayrshire Council;
- Deputy Leader, South Ayrshire Council;
- Chief Executive, South Ayrshire Council;
- Depute Chief Executive and Director – People, South Ayrshire Council;
- Director of Health & Social Care, South Ayrshire Partnership;
- Chief Executive, NHS Ayrshire and Arran;
- Divisional Commander, Police Scotland;
- Area Manager, Scottish Fire & Rescue Service;
- Senior Transport Planner, Strathclyde Partnership for Transport;
- Head of Communication and Engagement, Scottish Enterprise;
- Head of Operations, Skills Development Scotland;
- Principal, Ayrshire College;
- Head of Marketing, University of the West of Scotland;
- Area Manager, Scottish Natural Heritage;
- District Manager, Jobcentre Plus;
- Chief Executive, Ayrshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- Consultant in Public Health Medicine, NHS Ayrshire & Arran;
- Chief Executive Officer, Voluntary Action South Ayrshire; and
- Chairs of the Strategic Delivery Partnerships.